This listed 1823 public bath house
is two storeys in height and is built of course rubble with a slate
roof. Although it is now a residence/office, the interior still retains
and date. The bathing room has a high barrel-vaulted plaster
ceiling and probably
had a plunge pool, now filled in. To the north is a possible changing
room, and to the east is accommodation for the baths attendant. The
first floor rooms also have barrel-vaulted plaster ceilings. There is a
date stone of 1823 in the south interior wall. The building was
extended to the rear in the late 19th century.
Return to Historic Lettering from outside
Please email any comments and contributions by clicking here.
throughout the Ipswich
Historic Lettering website: Borin Van Loon
No reproduction of text or images without express