Newton Road Conservative Club

Between the vestigial cartouche sign behind the Lamden Gallery and St Bartholomew's Church stands this club boasting a terra cotta, romanesque arch with large relief lettering running round it:
Ipswich Historic Lettering: Newton Road Conservative Club 32012 images
'CONSERVATIVE CLUB 1902'
Ipswich Historic Lettering: Newton Road Conservative Club   Ipswich Historic Lettering: Newton Road Conservative Club 2
The tablets on either side of the entrance read:
'THIS STONE WAS LAID BY
ALBERT RANSON ESQ.
CHAIRMAN OF
NO. 1 POLLING DISTRICT
ST. MARGARETS WARD
SEPTEMBER 1902'

'THIS STONE WAS LAID BY
F
RANK A. BALES ESQ.
CHAIRMAN OF
NO. 1 POLLING DISTRICT
ST. CLEMENTS WARD
SEPTEMBER 1902'

See also the ceramic signs outside Ipswich Central Conservative Club in St Stephens Church Lane.



Home

Please email any comments and contributions by clicking here.

©2004 Copyright throughout the Ipswich Historic Lettering site: Borin Van Loon
No reproduction of text or images without express written permission